Established Mary Bays New York brand geared towards the better to bridge specialty store dress market.
Managed day to day corporate operations, this included; order entry, supervision of shipping and production schedule, quality control, follow up calls on all in house orders, accounts receivable, accounts payable. Sales- traveled to regional markets and trunk shows to promote and sell collection, trade show set up and sales follow up with buyers. Trade shows included: ENK Coterie New York, Moda Las Vegas, Moda, and Birmingham, United Kingdom. Regional markets include: Atlanta Americas Mart and Stylemax, Chicago
Design Director, 1995 – 2007
Victoria Royal, New York/Hong Kong/China
Responsibilities: Fabric development, beading design, creation and realization of complete garment from initial sketch to finished sample. Worked directly with overseas agents and factories towards new sample development. Traveled to China and Hong Kong biannually to work directly with agents on development and fittings. Development of original beadwork, print/ embellishment concepts and color stories seasonally. Designed private label merchandise for major department and specialty stores such as—Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Caché, Barrie Pace, Stein mart, Bloomingdales Catalogue and Neiman Marcus Direct. Designed a line of sweaters to coordinate with the collection.
Design Director- 2004 – 2007
Mary Bays – A Division of Victoria Royal
Established Mary Bays label—a bridge to better dress collection geared towards the contemporary/ better specialty store market. Mary Bays is currently sold to over 600 specialty stores throughout the US and Europe. Responsible for all aspects of the collection from initial concept to finished sample. This included: fabric development, beading design, fittings, and new sample development, travelled biannually to China to work on development for the collection.
Designer, 2005- 2007
Better to bridge sportswear and suits
Responsibilities: Creation of complete garment from initial sketch to finished sample, fabric development, supervised sample making and fitting of first samples, sketch presentations for private label clients such as: Barrie Pace and Neiman Marcus Catalogue. Responsible for all follow-ups on sample making for private label accounts.
Victoria Royal, New York/Hong Kong/China
Responsibilities: Assisted designer Ronald Mann with the creation of couture, hand beaded evening gowns. This included: sourcing and ordering trims (buttons, brooches, braid, beads, stones, etc.…), ordering and following up on all fabric orders for the collection, preparing embroidery for beading, overseeing sample room and occasionally sketching for the collection.
Worked with factory in Hong Kong towards production duplicate from original sample to production duplicate. This entailed preparing production flat, spec, beading pattern, beading swatch, pattern and sewing instructions. Responsible for sourcing and placing product on orders for fabrics and all trim (i.e. buttons, braid, cord, brooches, flowers, etc.…)
Assistant Design Intern, Fall 1992 – Fall 1993
Donna Karan (Collection Design)
Responsibilities: Helped with collection charts, copied patterns, design room and performed general office duties.
Argosy University, Phoenix, Arizona
Masters of Business Administration, April 2013- Marketing
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, May 1993—Fashion Design
Esmod International, Paris, France
Stylisme, Spring 1992—Fashion Design Major
• Knowledge of Hong Kong and China fabric and trim markets.
• Sketching, patternmaking and draping
• Knowledge of embroidery techniques (Beading, threadwork, raised techniques, etc.)
• Knowledge of couture/better fabric and trim markets
• Presentation Boards
• Production flats and specifications
• Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe In Design, Adobe Connect, Camtasia Studio 8 and Corel Draw software.
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Blackboard and E companion
• Lead Faculty, The Art Institute of New York City, Fashion Design
• Adjunct Professor at LIM College and Parsons School of Design
• Member of Apollo Circle at Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Manhattan Jewish Experience Fellowship Member
• Volunteer Leader with The MET Counsel on Jewish Poverty
• 2005, Guest Designer, Atlanta Apparel Mart
• 2002, Diva Award Winner, Atlanta Apparel Mart, Special Occasion
• 2002, Dallas Fashion Award Nominee
• 1997 Fashion Design Award Critic, Fashion Institute of Technology
PORTFOLIO WEBSITE: www.Marybays.info
REFERENCES: Available upon Request